Welcome to Centered Therapy Chicago (CTC). We are so happy you have decided to come to CTC for your therapeutic needs. We are committed to supporting you in your personal and therapeutic journey. Likewise, it’s important for us to share some information about how we approach our work with clients, and what you can expect as a client at CTC.
We believe in the healing power of therapy, community, and relationships. Therapy is an effective tool in alleviating pain and distress, and can enrich a sense of meaning, connection and purpose in one’s relationship with themselves and others. Our therapists provide opportunities for clients to better understand and express their feelings, heal from the past, gain a different perspective on past life events and/or current relationships, improve life satisfaction, and clarify dreams for the future.
A relational and strength-based approach
At CTC, we take a relational and strength-based approach to therapy. We prioritize the importance of the therapeutic relationship, and approach our clients with openness, curiosity, authenticity, transparency, compassion, and respect. We view our clients as being experts in their own life and experiences, and view them as people with rich lives and stories, as a set of symptoms or a diagnosis. We prioritize understanding what our clients most want for themselves and in their lives.
We are committed to working with you to meet your goals, and believe therapy is most effective when a strong collaborative relationship is developed between clients and therapists. We specialize in longer term, deep, insight-oriented therapy. You will have the best experience and outcome if you keep the following in mind:
- Committed to the therapeutic process and attend weekly therapy sessions.
- Therapy is a process that takes time for you and your therapist to know each other and build a strong relationship.
- Actively participate in the process both inside and outside of their therapy sessions.
- Participating in therapy can experiences as both rewarding and challenging.
- Expect to experience a wide range of feelings such as sadness, guilt, anger, frustration, loneliness, or helplessness in and between sessions.
- Good communication is essential! Discuss thoughts, reactions, questions, and concerns with your therapist.
Not one size fits all
You work with your therapist to find what works best for you, and evaluate your comfort level throughout the process. If it’s not a fit, we can reevaluate the services you are receiving, and if need be refer you to another therapist.
We are looking forward to working with you!
Dr. Bianka Hardin and Centered Therapy Chicago Therapists